Red 5 Studios, creator of the free-to-play MMO Shooter Firefall ( www.firefallthegame.com ), is a video game developer dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Created by seasoned developers including the team-lead for vanilla World of Warcraft and the lead designer of Tribes and Tribes 2, Firefall’s combat is fast paced, furious, and plays like a top-tier action oriented shooter. It is the largest massively multiplayer co-op shooter made to date and offers a unique gameplay experience not found anywhere else.
The development process at Red 5 Studios is also deliberately unlike any other. Firefall is designed from the ground up with our audience at our core. We share our game's early development builds and invite our audience to actively share feedback, allowing them to provide a meaningful contribution to the shaping our core gameplay. We regularly read our forums, reply to community feedback, and often times we’ll fly beta testers to our office for feedback sessions and early previews of upcoming builds.
Red 5 Studios is far more than just another game developer. We’re a family; a tribe of men and women who each bring our own unique experiences, knowledge, and accomplishments to the table. We believe that in order to build a great game, you first need great people, and actively encourage and organize fun team-building events and studio outings to strengthen and grow as a family.
If you are interested in joining the Red 5 Tribe, or to learn more about opportunities at the studio, please visit the company web site ( www.red5studios.com ). For those interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look at what Red 5 Studios is all about, please check out the following video: http://bit.ly/ORU72P
The Game Design team at Red 5 Studios is made up of some of the most passionate and creative minds in the industry. We spend our days envisioning ways to improve our experiences that push our ingenuity and inventiveness to their very limits. Our disciplines range from numbers-oriented systems team, all the way up to the ethereal look and feel designers. It is this fusion of different skills and perspectives that lets us challenge ourselves to create something truly fun and innovative. Whether your passion is combat & weaponry, classes and abilities, open world encounters, or high end social events, there is something for you as a contributing member of the Red 5 Studios design Tribe!
- Map blockouts designed to allow for early and rapid iteration
- Playtesting blockouts with the team and iterating on the map based on feedback
- Iterate map design with QA
- Iterate map design with external beta testers
- Share the design with the world in publicized eSports events
- Complete editing and polishing tasks
- 3+ years experience as a PVP map designer with a shooter title
- Competitive gameplay experience and knowledge of the eSports Community
- Demonstrated skills in communication and collaborative processes within a highly creative environment
- Unyielding passion for games
- Previous experience building eSports focused maps
- Competitive gameplay experience at professional gaming level
Red 5 Studios - 7 months ago