Senior iOS ENGINEER - NO Visa candidates
San Francisco, CA
***RELOCATION AVAILABLE WITHIN US***
Blackboard Mobile is looking for a Senior iOS Developer looking to revolutionize the role of mobile technology in education. Blackboard Mobile has already produced multiple pioneering applications that have changed the way students and teachers approach education, and we are looking for someone who will continue that tradition. You are someone with a proven history of developing beautiful and practical iOS applications, who also recognizes that their best work is still to come. You are excited to join an equally motivated and passionate team and bring those ideas to fruition!
What You Want To Do
• Play a senior developer role in multiple apps used by millions of students and teachers around the world. You may lead an iOS project.
• Partner with our Design team to craft beautiful user experiences, and then implement them with equally elegant code. UI is a passion of yours!
• Enter a room with only team members and a whiteboard; walk out with an idea and a plan for the next big thing.
• Make education better. You remember how much education technology lacked, and you are excited to have an opportunity to completely change that.
What You Have
• 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer, including 2+ years developing iOS apps (iPhone and iPad).
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Have live apps on the App Store that you have developed (please provide web links).
• Mastery in Objective-C (C++ beneficial) and all the iOS SDK & native app development.
• Experience architecting medium to large software projects from start to finish.
• Experience working within a team; you know how to make your point heard, and hear what other people have to say as well.
• A true love and appreciation for impeccable design and simple UI for iOS.
• Experience working with REST APIs, SQLite, CoreData, etc.
• Experience writing automated units and application tests.
• An active contributor to open source software (please provide links to relevant GitHub projects, if you have them).
• Cloud storage SDK’s (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
• App profiling using Instruments or other tools
Who We Are
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc., a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions that improves the experience of millions of students and faculty for each of our client institutions around the world, every day. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile education solutions including -
Allowing students and faculty to access teaching and learning wherever and whenever they want through a variety of mobile devices. As a native app for iOS and Android, Mobile Learn extends and enriches the course experience of Blackboard Learn, the leading web-based teaching and learning platform.
With Mosaic, universities and schools can build a powerful, native app for their institution in a matter of hours with little to no engineering experience. Apps produced by Mosaic keep our clients' students engaged, strengthen alumni connections, and introduce their institutions to prospective students.
Some of our Great Benefits
• San Francisco office in the heart of Jackson Square – surrounded by North Beach & the FiDi.
• Competitive salary, Full benefits, 401K matching.
• Flexible work schedule - we want you to create amazing products, not punch a ticket.
• Use of top of the line mobile phones and iMac with Cinema Display.
• Subsidized public transportation….or bike to work!
• Fully stocked snacks & drinks, espresso, bagel-bar Fridays, and a flowing keg.
• We are a pet-friendly environment, so there are dogs occasionally roaming the office!
• Perks such as ping-pong, pool table, office yoga, happy hours, patio grilling, nerf darts, and endless choices of surround-sound music. We like to have fun, too!
*We are not considering Visa candidates for this position.
Blackboard Mobile - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -