About Yummly |
Yummly is a Silicon Valley based startup focusing on building the digital kitchen platform and mapping the food genome...making life better/easier/more fun for everyone who cooks. We have an incredible mix of technologists, data experts, food lovers, etc. We are looking for a Mobile dev to further our efforts to iOS platforms and beyond.
Here°s why you should join Yummly ’s food/tech revolution:
. Yummly is funded by a team of tier-one investors who are as passionate about the opportunity as we are. Yummly is still a small early stage company. In other words, we are looking for people who want to have huge impact at an early startup. Yummly is a great place to work. We are a small, fun-loving team of friends all passionate about food - with great compensation, benefits and all the usual startup perks. You will have autonomy and freedom. You will be the driver (not the passenger) of your own destiny and your goals for our startup. You will be passionate about what we ’re building. You will choose when and how you will get your work done.
- Yummly has built something that people already use and love, and is on the path to building something great.
- Yummly is unlocking the power of food, data
- " technology and solving problems that were impossible to solve before Yummly came along. Yummly has a great base to work from - we are already the fastest growing food site in the world with over 11M monthly unique visitors and 2 million Facebook subscribers in just 1 year. We are going to be huge
Some of the real problems we are solving that we ’d like your help with:
Responsibilities @ Yummly
- Make computers understand every aspect of food and turn that into useful consumer products
- Discovering every recipe on the web and understanding the recipe in it ’s entirety
- Find the best chocolate chip cookie for an individual user out of thousands
- Understand the taste preferences of our users and their families
As the Senior iOS Software Engineer you will be the first mobile software developer at Yummly and will help lead the development of products. You will work with the rest of the team to build the world°s most useful and beautiful mobile apps for home cooks.
We have an extremely strong platform of software and data and a large web audience. You will help us figure out the best ways to bring what we°ve built and learned even closer to people°s pockets, kitchens, and living rooms.
We ’re looking for passionate, food obsessed, experienced iOS engineers to build our apps. We°d like someone that has a lot of these skills/qualities:
- You have a proven track record of building fast, beautiful, high-quality apps (the apps should be available in the app store or you should be able to demo them during interviews)
- You create and appreciate well-written, efficient code (big plus if you have open-source code or can show your source at interviews)
- You are fanatical about quality
- You have a strong general programming/CS background and are able to ocasionally work on other pieces of the system (data processing, web services, etc)
- You are interested in working on other mobile platforms, especially Android, in the future
- You want to work on something you love
- You think big and do big
- You can solve the biggest, most difficult problems
- You want autonomy, freedom, and ownership of your work
- You have a good sense of humor
Yummly - 2 years ago