The developer role is established to build and maintain applications in support of TSYS world class financial services application platforms. We believe that to do this effectively, developers must be able to leverage their professional and technical skills to understand requirements, communicate risks, create and adapt application designs, develop and test application code in order to meet the needs of the business. Interaction within the team, including project leads and managers must be done in a way that ensures team success, and high quality solutions.
Responsible for implementing product code releases. Manages and monitors product application for performance and health. Responds to product application support issues. Analyzes problems with software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action. Recommends solutions to application questions. May utilize specialized domain expertise related to the specific application of the software to resolve problems.
- Develops and tests application code to ensure that it meets business requirements
- Assists with and communicates the design of a solution to other team members and leads
- Attends daily stand-ups and participates by communicating status and obstacles
- Reviews business requirements both independently and within the team; Communicates deficiencies and changes to business analysts to ensure proper modifications are made
- Reviews test scripts and incorporates them into unit and integration tests to ensure that tests are repeatable
- Daily, checks application code into centralized version management system (Subversion) to ensure changes are captured and version history is retained
- Delivers production ready code according to established sprint timelines
- Communicates blockers and works to resolve them so that sprint timeline is maintained
- Prepares technical documentation outlining proposed changes, in accordance with departmental documentation standards
- Participates in routine project and departmental meetings and planning sessions
- Exhibits the ability to work independently, as lead or sole developer for small to medium sized development projects
- Initiates the project by setting up build plans, code branches, establishing namespaces, defining configuration and code artifacts, standardizing developer workspaces and other tasks deemed necessary to ensure successful project execution
- Assists in project and release planning for assigned projects
- Participates in periodic release windows
- Mentors and assists other developers across the team in platform technologies, development standards and application/project execution
- Assists in presentation of technical overviews and departmental training
- Reviews application code from other team members to ensure compliance with project goals and consistency within the platform
- Work with resources on other teams as appropriate to triage and diagnose issues with TSYS Applications.
- Master corporate best practices and supported methodologies for all job functions
- Follow defined troubleshooting processes to fully resolve issues
- Follow implementation procedures to promote new code into appropriate environments.
- Develop scripts or code to automate application operation functions.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by adding and supplementing entries
- Report on individual performance metrics or success factors as requested
- On-call rotation
Object oriented development techniques
Object Relational Mapping
General Web Development Principles
Application Design Principles & Patterns
Java Application Servers
Excellent Team Interaction and Communication Skills
Ability to manage time and deliverables amongst several ongoing projects
Four year college degree and 4 or more years professional experience
6 or more years professional experience is required. Bcahelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is highly preferred
Total System Services, Inc.
Stephanie Danielle Johnson
44 million times each day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses across the world by processing a payment. We make it...