Function of the Position:
Work is performed with little supervision or direction. The primary responsibilities include direct prime contract support to the program offices. Takes an active lead role managing contracts and providing guidance to project delivery teams (PDTs) and field offices regarding Contract/Task Order terms and conditions. Administers various types of Contracts/Task Orders from inception to closeout. Participates in proposal process from start through pre-award and post-award stages. Reports to the Head of MENA-A Region Contracts Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Participates in new business strategies including discussions on identifying risks and analyzing these risks for a bid decision. Reviews and analyzes USAID solicitations to understand the terms and conditions and convey any unique or risky contract terms to Proposal and Project Managers. Reviews complex cost proposals to ensure that the bid is compliant with the solicitation and company’s policies. Provides guidance to recruiters, proposal teams and subcontract negotiators on allowances and salary offers. Prepares contractual clarification questions in response to requests for proposals. Interfaces and negotiates with government customer to help resolve contract issues. Requests and participates in proposal debriefs with the client.
Supports the Project Delivery Teams within MENA-A Region in the administration of a portfolio of contracts. Specific tasks include:
Corporate Initiatives and Training
- Serve as primary point of contact and official representative of DAI to USAID and other clients on contractual matters
- At project start-up carry out a thorough review of the contract, explain terms and conditions to Project Delivery Teams (PDTs), review and approve the contracts approvals matrix
- Draft, review, edit as required and approve documents and requests that are submitted to the Contracting Officer (CO) to include, but not limited to the following: International travel approvals, salary justifications, notification and approval of project local compensation plans, TCN/CCN Waivers, source/national waivers for restricted commodities, CO’s approval for restricted commodities, notification/approval of key personnel changes, purchase of non-expendable items that require prior CO approval, non-expendable disposition requests, annual inventory reports, limitation of funds/cost notification submissions, VAT report submissions at CO’s request, budgets/cost proposals for realignments/add-ons, specific requests for separate maintenance allowance, severance CCN leave payouts, allowances, and other documents for which the CO has the authority.
- Prepare responses for CPARSs and to any inquiries/questions from the CO’s office
- Draft contract close-out related documents such as requests for quick closeout, excess fund review forms, etc.
- Negotiate terms of contracts, subcontracts and grants with minimum intervention from managers.
- Issue subcontracts and task orders, grants, and amendments, and address other subcontract- and grant-related issues
- Provide post award administration of subcontracts, sub-task orders, subawards (grants) and purchase orders, including, but not limited to modifications, realignments, and interpretation of terms and conditions
- Assist the project teams on budget realignments/modifications to ensure compliance with existing terms and conditions, DAI policies, client’s cost principles
- Review and approve any expat and TCN ICA agreements
- Review and evaluate Employee Biographical Datasheets (EBDs) for completeness, compliance, and cost reasonableness
- Perform necessary due diligence to ensure cost/price reasonableness and compliance with applicable U.S. Government regulations.
- Provide mediation between technical, contractual, finance and management personnel of the project
- Carry out other contracts administration actions per the approved Contracts Administration Matrix.
- Perform an active role with cross departmental teams, participating in corporate initiatives and proposing innovative solutions to problems of medium complexity
- Mentor, train and counsel junior members of the OCP team
- Responsible for developing contracts templates for use by junior members of the OCP team and by the Project Delivery Teams
- Provides input in the development of contracts-related training materials
National Contract Management Association
- 2 years ago - save job