Granite Telecommunications has an immediate need for a .NET Developer to work on development projects for our fast growing organization. We are looking for developers preferably with experience in object-oriented software design, delivery and support for web-based applications and services. This individual will be responsible for contributing to the design and coding of business solutions for order management, account management, workflow and many other business functions. This position offers a talented developer a chance to work with the latest development tools and have a major impact on the fastest growing company in the telecommunications industry.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a member of a team. You must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. This is a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes and get a chance to add directly to the goals of the organization.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- 5-7 years of software development
- Knowledge of OOP Concepts & Component Design
- Ability to generate specs and related unit test plans
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills
- (not required, but a plus) Experience with object-oriented design using CASE tools
- 5 to 7 years of .NET Technologies (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#)
- Relational database knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle); SQL development skills a plus
- (not required, but a plus) Experience with Microsoft Workflow Foundation and Business Rules Framework
- (not required, but a plus) Experience with Microsoft Team System build scripting
- (not required, but a plus) Experience with enterprise business solutions
- (not required, but a plus) Experience with telecommunications/telephone business and/or order management applications
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and coding of our next generation web based Enterprise Solution. Our internal applications are used by our 600+ employees to manage our business and drive our success. The platform for this new initiative will be ASP.NET (4.0) backed by the power of C# and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Work with our Development Team and Business Analysts as we implement Microsoft Team Foundation Server and develop a full SDLC framework.
- Assist our DBA team in designing and implementing a SQL Server 2008 solution to replace our existing SQL Server 2000 and Oracle databases.
- Assist in the maintenance of our legacy classic ASP code. This work will diminish as we develop and implement our next generation code.
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancements of our back end processing which is written in VB.NET and C#. These applications run on our servers and provide the backbone for our systems.
- Participate and contribute to ad-hoc development projects as they arise.
Granite Telecommunications is the fastest growing company in the telecommunications industry with over $600 million in annual revenue and was ranked third in the Boston Business Journal as one of Boston’s fastest growing private companies. Granite Telecommunications has provided large and small businesses throughout the United States with telecommunications services since 2002 at a tremendous cost savings. Granite provides each customer with their own portal access to account information with real-time reporting, client specific invoicing, volume discounting, and financial analysis.
Granite Telecommunications - 20 months ago
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled...