Community Education Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of correctional services throughout the United States. Join a dynamic team that provides offender management to males and females from local, state, and federal jurisdictions, including U.S. Marshal Service, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
As a Shift Sergeant you wil be responsible for supervision, custody, care, safety, control and physical restraint (when necessary) of inmates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Has direct supervisory responsibilities over inmates and employees in the following areas:
- Avainable to act as shift supervisor when so designated
- Supervise and train correctional officers
- Supervising inmates in housing areas and those segregated for administrative or punitive measure;
instruct inmates in housekeeping and sanitation.
- Making periodic patrols of quarters and work areas, and initiate counts of inmates at regular and
irregular intervals, maintain control and discipline including use of physical restraining devices, and
prevent the introduction of contraband into the facility.
- Maintain a periodic patrol either inside or outside the facility to ensure the security and integrity of the
facility. Monitor, supervise, and screen inmate visitor traffic, observe traffic in and around the facility.
- Supervise inmates throught facility, including, but not limited to, those working on details inside the facility performing unskilled and semi-skilled work.
- Observe for signs of disorder or tension and report such observations to higher authority; counsel with inmates.
- Maintaining a record of equipment, supplies and other items needed to operate a shift. Forward supply and other items request form to Supply Officer as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of communications and other electronic equipment; instruct inmates in the proper care and use of facility equipment.
- Initiate and participate in search of inmate work areas, recreation areas and housing units to
prevent the introduction of contraband.
- Maintain and demonstrate profciency in the use and care of firearms, restraint methods and eqmipment and emergency measures.
- Direct correctional officers in preparing reports such as; work orders, booking paperwork,
magistrate forms, and other paperwork as needed.
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates in the event of injury, illness and
- Prepares reports and other related duties as required.
- Must be a High school graduate or possess an equivalency degree with a minimum of one-year experience in a correctional facility. Must be of good moral character and have the ability to lead and command respect of staff and inmates.
- Understand the legal rights of inmates, staff and general public. Have an understanding of interviewing and investigative techniques including effective methods of obtaining information from hostile or reluctant individuals.
- Must possess skills in oral and written communication. Have the ability to effectively interact with individuals from varying backgrounds and ideologies. Have the ability to listen, analyze and react to problems and crisis, within time constraints.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Education Centers, Inc. - 9 months ago