Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
Diboll Correctional Center , operated and managed by MTC, is a 518 bed, minimum security facility. Located in the heart of the piney woods of East Texas, the prison, opened June 16, 1995.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
This position directly supervises assigned correctional officers. Sergeants are responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in the facility in compliance with MTC and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders and offenders assigned to work duty.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband including physical searches.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire - Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 18 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...