Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives. If assigned to food service, will ensure safety and security of cafeteria area.
1. Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees.
2. Responsible for the care, custody, and adherence to rules and regulations of inmates assigned to specific work area.
3. Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
4. Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates and inmates assigned to work duty.
5. Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
6. Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
7. Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: unit, safety, disciplinary, special management area, and intake.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
9. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) year correctional experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete 200 hours of pre-service training including firearms and unarmed self-defense courses. Training and development required to remain in the classification after employment includes annual re-qualification in the use of firearms and the successful completion of unarmed self defense training.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications must be completed by April 21, 2013 .
Management & Training Corporation - 10 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...