The Server Administrator IV’s role includes designing, installing, administering, and maintaining multiple, advanced, and/or complex computing systems that are critical to the business operations of an area and/or unit. This includes conducting analysis of specification requirements, as well as, development and implementation of standards and procedures. The position is also expected to assist senior departmental management in determining the strategic IT direction for the area and/or unit and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Administer, upgrade, maintain and analyze enterprise applications i.e. EMR , PACs, Blackboard, WMWare, XenApp, and VDI .
- Setup, configure and administer Active Directory, DHCP and DNS servers.
- Assist with the selection, design and implementation of new technology.
- Maintain, administer and monitor Data Centers infrastructure as well as Network Infrastructure and ensure data is available, reliable, safe and recoverable.
- Provides users with technical support needed on network/sever related issue.
- Provides telephone assistance to users with network/server related issues.
- Assist supervisor with other work related activities.
Experience managing, administering, designing and implementing data centers infrastructure.
- Work after hours and or weekend when required. On call schedule.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computer science, MIS , IT, or other related area plus five (5) years related full-time paid experience.
For HSC Only : Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
For TTU Only : Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
MCSA , VCP , Citrix, Linux and Security+ certifications preferred
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
< 1/3 of time: Sit; Climb or balance; Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Stand; Walk; Use hands to finger, handle, feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear;
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-1/3 to 2/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds-1/3 to 2/3 of time
Lift up to 50 pounds- Under 1/3 of time
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Outdoor weather; Extreme Cold (non-weather);
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Work moving mechanical parts;
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
3,500 – 4,833 – 6,166
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.