The Server Administrator IV’s role includes designing, installing, administering, and maintaining multiple, advanced, and/or complex computing systems that are critical to the business operations of an area and/or unit. This includes conducting analysis of specification requirements, as well as, development and implementation of standards and procedures. The position is also expected to assist senior departmental management in determining the strategic IT direction for the area and/or unit and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Works independently to:
• Conduct analysis of job/system requirements, specification preparation, and designs/implements server solutions, recommending strategic directions for area or unit.
• Support server operating systems, server applications, and projects for an area or unit.
• Manage the:
− Architectural design, procurement, installation, maintenance, and administration of multiple area or unit servers.
− Development and implementation of standards, procedures, and operations to support software/hardware systems.
• Performs systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
• Responsible for:
• Installation, administration, operation, and maintenance of area and unit advanced computing systems.
• Multiple complex servers critical for the business operations for an area or unit.
• May interface with key IT leadership.
• Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
• Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
• Expert level analytical skills, including system analysis, process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
• Expert level training in server management through education and experience.
• Mastered administering one or more of the following: Microsoft Windows, Linux servers, and/or Apple servers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computer science, MIS , IT, or other related area plus five (5) years related full-time paid experience.
- Must have ten years of experience in a data center environment and a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
- Server administration background.
- Strong database administration skills preferred ( SQL , Oracle, and/or
- Ability to interface and work with user community on a one-on-one basis or in a group environment.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, accomplish, and delegate tasks.
- Must be able to generate solutions to complex issues in a short amount of time.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume is required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
3,500 – 4,833 – 6,166
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 4 months ago
Beginning in 1969 as Texas Tech University School of Medicine, today Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is a six-school university...