IT Service Operations - Systems Administrator works directly with the Technology Operations Manager to maintain system uptime and availability of IT infrastructure. This position provides training and mentorship to support staff, drives continuous improvement efforts, and maintains technical ownership of Level 2 Support & Administration tasks. The individual in this role will coordinate with members of Central IT Services and Application Development teams to troubleshoot issues, perform root-cause analysis, and execute solutions for system-wide issues. The individual in this role will work collaboratively with IT departments and business units to challenge and improve processes and support innovative solutions.
Other Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- Performs activities related to the operations and monitoring of the IT environment.
- Administration and Support of Citrix Server Farms
- Administration and Support of VMware Technologies
- Administration and Support of Microsoft Server 2003 & 2008 Operating System
- Administration and Support of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Assists in determining best practices for Networking, Storage and Computing
- Assists in the definition and maintenance of monitoring procedures.
- Tracks, identifies, and reports on issues and trends.
- Initiates incident management procedures when necessary.
- Provides detailed post-incident root cause analysis & reports.
- Provides rotational on-call and after-hours support.
- Creates and maintains procedural and training documentation.
- Effectively manages incident escalation to other IT departments.
- Participates in department projects and initiatives.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of computer networking.
- Advanced proficiency with Active Directory and related user / computer management tasks.
- Familiarity with Macintosh operating systems is desirable.
- Must foster and maintain a positive and team oriented attitude.
- Ability to assume ownership of an issue and see it through to resolution.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks/projects and to perform above expectations
- Ability to create high quality technical documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Balanced analytical and intuitive troubleshooting approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- 2+ years experience in a high-traffic customer service setting.
- 2+ years experience in Systems Administration and Support.
- Advanced Certification(s) from Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, EMC or Cisco is preferred.
CareCore National - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1994, CareCore National has provided comprehensive, customized programs to health plan clients that seek to manage appropriate...