PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids. Kenworth is the first truck manufacturer to receive the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Air Excellence award in recognition of its environmentally friendly products.
PACCAR is seeking a qualified Server Administrator to perform day-to-day administration of the server infrastructure.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Set up, configure, and support Windows Servers
- Set up, configure, and support VMWare Virtual Servers
- Monitor and tune systems to ensure a high level of performance
- Oversee and apply updates/patches
- Maintain Active Directory and file/folder permissions
- Create and maintain a disaster recovery plan
- Maintain backups of systems and critical data
- Recommend upgrades and new equipment
- Provide technical support and guidance to end users
- Complete daily operating system health checks
- Support scheduled after-hours maintenance
- Ability to be on call for 24/7 support
Qualifications & Skills
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required. MCSA / CompTIA Server+ or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- In-depth knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Servers
- Proven experience with VMWare Vsphere
- Proven experience with Dell SAN Storage
- Proven experience with Symantec Backup Exec
- Proven experience with IIS and failover clustering
- Strong documentation, organizational, and administration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL server considered a plus
- Experience with SharePoint considered a plus
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...