This individual will be responsible for implementation, maintenance and resolution of server based end user computing systems, desktop virtualization and server virtualization, and application troubleshooting with a focus on delivery through Citrix technologies. This role possesses a mix of networking, security, and system administration skills. This Citrix Engineer provides key input into the deployment, troubleshooting and support for the team. Candidates must be a self-starter and must be able to manage and prioritize many tasks at any given time, and provide leadership and mentoring for other team members.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field, recommends new technologies and services applicable to supported services. Participates in technical evaluations of projects during the initiation phase to ascertain impact on existing systems, provides input on risks, analyzes and proposes solutions to potential technical issues that might hinder the project. Participates in performance and regression testing of applications before they are promoted to production.
- Installs, maintains and improves application performance by monitoring key system components such as space, resource usage (CPU/IO/Memory), and fragmentation of data on managed systems. Develops metrics and generates reports to demonstrate performance of the various application components, showing trends and utilization levels on a regular basis.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure minimal amount of systems disruption to customers. Work directly with business customers and partners to identify requirements and create technical solutions in concert with Architecture, to satisfy those requirements.
- Establishes and documents guidelines for server and application sizing and capacity planning for services under management. Establishes High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and proposes alternative architecture and solutions.
- Coordinates with Project Managers maintaining an up to date task list across projects that relate to servers under management.
- Debugs and fixes problems in production environments and duly documents and follows up on permanent fixes with the technical teams. Performs other job duties as required.
- Creates detailed documentation of services under management and projects. Keeps stakeholders and staff informed of project status.
- Develops documents, communicates and carries out procedures designed to facilitate recovery from application failure, such as online backups and archiving. Follows server backup, archive and disaster recovery procedures to meet RTO and RCO objectives.
- Follows change control and versioning procedures. Works with the team to migrate changes into test, acceptance, and production environments. Establishes and documents standards and policies to ensure enterprise information assets are properly secured and protected by appropriate access management and privacy controls.
- Performs quality assurance of all changes before they are approved for production. Develops and documents best practices to ensure optimal performance, reliable backups and security
Highly Desired Requirements
- College bachelor degree in related field such as Information Systems, technical certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Five + years IT experience supporting Windows Client OS, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
- Four + years’ experience with Citrix and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technologies.
- Expert level administration skills in the following: Citrix XenApp 6, XenDesktop 5, including related components such as: Citrix Streaming Profiler and Citrix Profile Management.
- Working knowledge of Citrix NetScaler and Citrix Access Gateway.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and different Windows Server Roles such as: Active Directory & Group Policy, IIS, Print Servers, Clustering and DNS.
- Working knowledge on scripting for Windows: PowerShell, VBScript & related technologies.
- Ability to perform advanced tuning and optimization of Windows and Citrix environments.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies, backups, and monitoring solutions for Citrix VDI solutions.
- Understanding system monitoring, metrics and reporting using enterprise tools such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and Nagios.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
- Proven history of taking accountability for own work and results. Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and defend them.
- Promotes teamwork and leads by example, while successfully collaborating across functions and departments. Unquestionable ethics & integrity is pertinent.
- Aptitude to learn new technology and ramp quickly on a project from a technical & process perspective
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESX infrastructure: Creating snapshots, clones and provisioning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and or System Center Configuration Manager
- Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests. Demonstrated ability to identify root issues and resolve end-to-end.
- Microsoft, Citrix, or VMWare technical certifications that demonstrate proficiency in one or more of these areas.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
The Department of Neurological Surgery at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital provides...