• Conceptualize, install and configure of the system infrastructure for web based services and managed applications
• Operate and maintain continuous improvement for this infrastructure
• Monitoring and optimization of the availability and performance of infrastructure
• Consulting of customers and development of IT infrastructure solutions for customer requests
• Technical project lead and collaboration in projects
• Develop Application support documentation and instructions
• Customer Relationships
• Effectively communicate technical topics to all levels of the organization.
• Develop effective working relationships with internal business partners.
• Be able to travel both nationally and internationally
• Other related tasks as directed by the Systems and Servers Manager
Essential Skills and Experience:
• BS/BA or equivalent IT experience required
• 4 years minimum experience with basic I.T. hardware (servers, personal computers, network equipment, etc.)
• Proficient with the following software and/or processes:
• Microsoft Windows operating systems (particularly all server versions)
• Web Servers
• Database software
• Process Documentation
• ITIL change management
• Experience with VMware environment
• Analytical thinking
• Solid customer service skills, demonstrating solid oral communication and active listening skills
• Sound IT troubleshooting and diagnostic skills with the ability to resolve issues utilizing remote access software
Preferred Skills and experience:
• 5+ years experience in Information Technology
• Scripting Experience
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Advanced server hardware experience (clustering, etc.)
• Organizational and Task Management skills
• Extensive knowledge in application infrastructure hosting (web, database, etc.).
• Spanish or German language skills
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the associate is exposed to a manufacturing floor atmosphere with some office exposure.
Are you interested?
Please send resumes to Jacob Kuehn (
) or apply online.
ZF Friedrichshafen - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard