Restaurant Server: The Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central hotel in Kearny Mesa is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic person to join our food & beverage team as a part time evening waiter.
Organization Name: Huntington Hotel Group
Organization Website: http://www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com
About Our Organization: Huntington Hotel Group specializes in the operation and management of Marriott and Hilton branded select service hotels; the premier brands in the hospitality industry.
Job Title: Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager, Restaurant Supervisor
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner while providing a personalized, exceptional dining experience through friendly, attentive, and responsive service. Acts as evening server in hotel restaurant and room service. Apply on-line at www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com .
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Greets patrons with a warm welcome.
- Clears and resets tables.
- Provides a unique and personalized dining experience.
- Describes menu items using descriptive language and makes recommendations based on customer preference. Dazzle our guests with your menu and alcohol knowledge.
- Responds promptly and courteously to all requests.
- Takes food and beverage orders and enters in POS system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Maintains specific side-work and ensures the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant. Perform opening and closing duties throughout your shift.
- Anticipates the needs of the patron and acts upon them.
- Answers questions about food, beverage, and other restaurant or hotel functions and services.
- Maintains a clean and organized work and service area.
- Ensures guests are satisfied with their food, beverage, and service.
- Prepares final bill; presents check to guest; accepts payment; processes credit card charges or makes changes (if applicable).
- Teamwork – offers or asks to help fellow team members as situations arise.
- Thanks guests by name (if a credit card is used) and invites them to return.
- Have the ability to hand carry a minimum of 3 plates as well as trays. All servers are sharing in the food running.
- Checks identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Refuses to serve alcoholic beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age. Must have knowledge of and adhere to all alcohol related laws.
- Monitors the behavior of guests that are consuming alcohol and counts number of drinks served. Offers taxi to patrons that should not drive and alerts a manager to intervene if necessary.
- Reports to work in a neat and clean uniform. Keeps hair well-groomed and practices good hygiene.
- Completes required training and passes test for responsible service of alcohol.
- Has FUN!
- Must fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the F&B Manager or immediate supervisor. Fill in positions include bartender, banquet server, banquet set-up, various positions in other departments of the hotel.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Arrives at work on time for scheduled shift.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Flexibility to work shifts according to business demand.
- Working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drink recipes.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to take direction while working quickly and efficiently.
- A basic knowledge of dining room and room service procedures and functions. Must carry Food Handlers card valid in San Diego County.
- Basic math skills and the ability to handle money and operate a POS system.
- Ability to hand-carry a minimum of three (3) plates.
- Must be local-San Diego County resident
- No educational requirement.
- Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol and TIPS certified.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a server in a full-service restaurant.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe.
- Hazards include but are not limited to: cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, and burns.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Must be able to carry, push, lift, pull up to 25 pounds.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Huntington Hotel Group
- 3 years ago - save job