This is a seasonal position; May-September.
Provides food and beverage service to customers
• Greets customers as they arrive and depart
• Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service
• Records accurate food and beverage orders
• Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bar
• Observes customers’ to respond to additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed
• Provides check to customers in a timely manner and accepts payment
• Cleans and wipes tables and chairs and resets tables and side stations
• Restocks glassware, silverware, and napkins
• Cleans dining room floor
• Reports cash and deposits at the end of each shift
• May ladle soup, toss salad, portion pies and desserts, and brew coffee
• May work split shifts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good communication skills
• Good cash handling skills
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must have a current certification to serve alcohol
• Must have a current ADEC Alaska Food Workers Card
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work is performed in a restaurant setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. During busy dining periods, they are under pressure to serve customers quickly and efficiently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual is on their feet most of the time and often carries heavy trays of food, dishes, and glassware (1-35 lbs). [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -