The Waitress/Waiter will possess a passion to anticipate and meet and exceed our guest’s needs and will also possess an insatiable desire to attain the highest levels of quality and cleanliness in all areas of the Food and Beverage Operations. Provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage service in a luxury 5-diamond brand inspired hotel environment, and were attention to detail is key.
• Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
• Basic computer knowledge (Micros or other POS Systems).
• Previous food and beverage experience in a luxury hotel setting is an asset.
• Must be of minimum age to serve alcohol according to state law.
• Must be physically fit in order to lift trays of food or food items up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a very flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Food handling certificate is an asset.
• Knowledge of food and wine an asset.
• Excellent eye for detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Team player and willing to help out other Food and Beverage outlets.
• Must possess outstanding guest services skills and professional presentation.
• Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests.
o Report to manager 5 minutes prior to schedule shift fully groomed according to Turnberry Isle Standards with all personal service supplies on hand.
o Punch in and out for all shifts
o Read communication board/log book.
o Communicate with out going shift, if applicable.
o Participate in departmental meetings and shift line-ups.
o Know your shifts and station assignments.
o Know the ingredients, preparation, and proper presentation of all menu items and specials and ensure that every product delivered to the guest adheres to the highest quality possible.
o Greet each guest within 2 minutes (1 minute goal) after seating in a sincerely warm , friendly manner using the guest name( at least three times)
o Demonstrates Turnberry Isle’s Standards in all interactions.
o To demonstrate an attitude of friendly hospitality in every aspect of service.
o Remains observant and responds to each guest at all times.
o Provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage service.
o Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment.
o Perform all assigned side works regularly, promptly, and correctly.
o Effectively handle customer concerns.
o Implements standards/procedures of service for guest consistently as per attached sequence of events
o Make appropriate suggestion of food and beverages (employs suggestive selling and up selling technique)
o Take guests' order promptly according to standards.
o Receive and service beverages orders promptly according to standards.
o Performing wine service according to procedures.
o Time food orders correctly to ensure they come up at the proper time.
o Ensure table maintenance is up to Turnberry Isle Standards during the entire dining experience as per attached sequence of events
o Keys in (pre checks) order on the Micros terminal promptly and accurately.
o Ensure your workstation is clean, neat and in order.
o Bring all dishes back to the stewarding area
o Communicate with incoming shift, if applicable
o Anticipate uniform needs for next scheduled shift
o Clock out
o Ensures adherence to Turnberry Isle’s Code of Ethics Ensure all situations are handled with our values in mind – Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment.
o Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
o Reports suspicious people and behavior to Security.
o Report any problems to manager on duty
o Follows Hotel’s telephone etiquette standards
o Assist as needed to maintain standards of appearance, sanitation and service in all areas of the restaurant
o Comply promptly with all special request of management.
o Communicate pleasantly and courteously with guest, management and co-workers.
o Know layout of restaurant/hotel and location of all equipment and supplies.
o Know all restaurants station breakdowns and table numbers.
o Know the wine list and characteristics of wines available.
o These Job Responsibilities is to give a general idea of the job and no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Service Professional in this position.
Turnberry Associates - 20 months ago
Turnberry Associates tries to turn real estate into gold. The company develops and manages commercial and residential real estate, primarily...