Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Service/Repair Mechanic (ATU) perform preventative maintenance and repair to revenue service vehicles. Must have a good working knowledge of all components and subsystems. Must possess a temporary Commercial Driver’s License permit. Must be able to read parts books and maintenance manuals to perform job efficiently.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Changing Tires
• Electrical diagnostics and repair
• Lubrication of revenue vehicles
• Remove/replace/repair transmission
• Remove/replace/repair engine
• Minor body repairs
• Heating and cutting with acetylene torch
• Rebuild chassis of revenue vehicle
• Read and interpret schematics
• Remove/replace/rebuild adjust all components of bus
• Perform engine tune up
• Perform road calls quickly and efficiently
• Fueling and servicing of revenue buses
• The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other occasional work that may be assigned which would be similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position
• Requires punctuality and regular attendance
• Supports the mission and goals of RTA
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Must possess a temporary Commercial Driver’s License permit. Two years experience in the automotive or heavy vehicle maintenance field. Graduation from a two year technical school for automotive or heavy duty diesel repair will be considered in place of work experience. Passing score on the National Occupational Competency Test.
Ability to operate and/or use Air impact wrenches, hydraulic press, fork lift, bus lifts/jacks/safety stands, radio, service trucks/associated tools and equipment, electronic test equipment, acetylene torch,fueling station,mop/broom,assorted wrenches/screwdrivers/
pullers/hammers, manometer, dynamometer, opacity meter, other equipment as required.
Able to stand on feet for long periods of time, good manual dexterity, able to lift approximately 35 pounds, ability to distinguish colors, ability to maneuver in and out, over and under vehicles, ability to drive service and revenue vehicles, must be able to work around moving equipment, ability to communicate verbally/radio/telephone, ability to bend, stoop, lift and walk.
This is an SR5 pay grade of the ATU Contract with a hourly rate of $21.9253. External candidates can submit a resume or a RTA application. Applications can be submitted in person at RTA, 600 Longworth Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402 or resume can be emailed to RTAcareerhub@greaterdaytonrta.org
Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority - 2 years ago
Attracting high-paying jobs, rebuilding schools, and investing in the state's security are all in a day's work for the Office of...