Cablevision Division Cable and Communications Corporate Department Name Field Ops-C&C Corp Job Location NY / Nassau County / 1111 Stewart Avenue Requisition ID 19379BR Position Type Full Time Description The Service Advisor will respond to field requests for vehicle repairs or maintenance, review the repair history of the vehicle, analyze prior repairs, vehicle type, current symptoms, warranty coverage and vehicle location and choose the most convenient and cost effective repair facility. The service advisor will verify the need for the repair, scrutinize all parts recommended by the vendor, verify times, pricing and labor rates and audit each invoice.
The Service Advisor will source service and parts vendors and negotiate rates to ensure cost effective and timely maintenance and repairs. Advisor will support regions with in-house shop operations, with items such as fleet system functionality, vendor relationships and parts management. Role will require working with shops on monthly cyclical inventories as well as annual inventory audits. Advisor will also administer and maintain company preventative maintenance program. This would include but not limited to running and distributing bi-monthly PM due reports and measuring compliance.
Working with end users, Advisor will spec vehicles for purchase, including up fit, and source vehicles off lot when required. Dispose of retired vehicles choosing the most cost effective means. Advisor will review field invoices for accuracy as well as look for opportunities to lower costs and improve efficiencies. Qualifications • 5+ years experience as a vehicle maintenance technician, service writer or service manager.
- Proficiency with PC’s using Excel, Access, Word, and other software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to achieve goals in a changing environment.
- The ability to foster teamwork and collaboration, flexibility, stress tolerant, integrity and a concern for excellence in customer service.
- A thorough understanding of the requirements of our internal clients.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair practices.
- A hard worker who can motivate others through example to meet or exceed Cablevision standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
Cablevision thinks it's the ideal choice for cable TV service. Through the Optimum and iO brands, the company provides cable services such...