PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Service Agreement (SA) Manager has primary responsibility for managing the administration of policies, creation and oversight of accounting processes and controls, operational and financial analysis, and reporting of Service Agreements (Agreements) between T. Rowe Price and the Price Funds. Leads annual Service Agreement renewal process and team preparing materials for presentation to Fund Boards. In addition, this role manages cross functional teams through bi-monthly and annual Service Agreement reviews and other special projects.
Manages and provides oversight on all Service Agreement (SA) activities to ensure compliance with Agreements and accuracy and completeness of financial data. Works closely with various levels of management to compile financial and operational information from multiple business units to create the periodic board presentations. Manager uses data gathered by analysts to identify key trends and information for executive review. Determines priority areas to address key trends for the oversight committee. Anticipates SA needs by seeking out input from senior management and proactively leverages analysts for touch points with key stakeholders in order to determine, forecast and plan activities that impact the cost of providing services to the Price Funds. Identifies relevant information for committee review and prioritization for the Service Agreement Oversight Committee meetings.
Manages a team of analysts responsible for all inquiries, projects and reporting related to the Service Agreement. Plans and executes Board reports which require significant effort to oversee the complexity of the plan, the compilations of a broad spectrum of data in order to publish financial and operational information to Fund Directors. Gatekeeper for all aspects of compliance with Service Agreements. Accountable for ensuring all client support and servicing activities are appropriately evaluated for reimbursement from Service Agreements. Also maintains accountability for the accuracy of all analysis and projected impact to T. Rowe Price financials or cost to Funds. Leads efforts to manage the service agreement process with clients across operations, GBS&T, Corporate Finance, and Legal.
Primary subject matter expert for all Service Agreement related activities and costs. Develops subject matter expertise within the team of analysts and drives critical and strategic analysis for all potential impacts or changes to the SA. Manages all aspects of special projects and requests for information requiring Service Agreement expertise and prioritizes work across the team. This includes reviewing new products, projects, or costs to determine appropriate accounting and allocations to Service Agreement. Identifies opportunities to continuously improve quality and content of SA analyses and reporting. Acts as the primary driver in partnership with GBS&T and other business units to design and implement process improvements, reporting enhancements, and control improvements.
Coaches and develops team members. Recruits, selects and retains team of associates. Develops and improves technical, consultative, analytical, project management and organizational skills of team associates. Conducts performance management, and mentoring which includes regular feedback and performance evaluations.
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- Strong leadership and management ability to motivate and drive performance
- Ability to present and influence senior managers
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Service Agreement knowledge/experience
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills with application to effective problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Proven ability to manage responsibilities and priorities of direct reports
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation experience
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong drive for results and independent initiative
T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Advanced knowledge of the T. Rowe Price Service Agreements is preferred
- Demonstrated people management experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance with 5 years of related work experience preferred
- CPA preferred
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...