Altarum Institute is seeking a Service Area Manager (SAM) for our new Program Integrity business line within our Business Advisory Services practice, located in Alexandria, VA. Altarum’s Business Advisory Services group has developed lines of business and areas of expertise centered in Business Analytics, Program Operations & Management, Strategic Communications, and Business Process Transformation. The Program Integrity SAM will be responsible for leading Altarum’s expansion into government program integrity and risk advisory services by developing relationships with new customers (federal, state, local, and commercial), developing new services and capabilities with current clients, and building internal teams and developing capacity. Altarum is seeking an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference to our clients and customers, both government and commercial.
For the past five years you have been leading a portfolio of consulting projects. Do you want to pursue and establish relationships, partnerships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners? Are you excited about the challenge of managing a portfolio of complex contracts and having overall accountability for project results? Are you able to demonstrate an expert level of strategic and business planning, staff development, client relationships and project economics? Are you able to clarify problems, locate the root cause, identify trigger points, synthesize solutions, and design critical paths that are aligned with client need? If the answers are yes – this is an opportunity to integrate your research, technical, analytical and consulting skills into the forefront – building a new line of business for an established research and consulting organization with the overarching goal of improving health systems outcomes that advance human health.
The successful candidate will report to the Practice Area Lead for Business Advisory Services, will work directly with strategic clients, and be responsible for guiding the development efforts of Subject Matter Experts, stakeholders, and Altarum staff. This position requires a significant amount of time to be spent interacting with potential customers, clients, project team members and overseeing the development of deliverables.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Lead the development of customized risk management platforms which support the strategic goals of federal clients. Include methods and techniques that anticipate evolving risks and provide feasible risk mitigation strategies.
• Create and lead internal control initiatives which satisfy changing regulatory compliance standards and provide value-added methodologies to operational processes.
• Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the development of internal audit and review procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized health care issues.
• Candidate will take personal accountability and ownership for business development activities, which includes identifying new business opportunities, managing proposal development teams, responding to RFP’s or RFI’s, and meeting annual revenue and sales targets.
• Candidate will take personal accountability and ownership for staff development, which includes interviewing/hiring, mentoring staff, developing training goals, and staff evaluations.
Candidates for this position should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MPH).
• Ten (10) or more years of experience with at least five (5) years of independently leading groups in a consulting environment. Five (5) years of Project Management experience; certification preferred (PMP). Experience leading large projects, preferably in a consulting environment, developing work plans, coordinating resources to meet deadlines for deliverables, and tracking staff contributions.
• Previous experience developing client delivered programs in: Organization Risk Management-Assessment-Training, Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, and Operational and Strategic Governance.
• Possess competency and experience in the areas of risk management, business and operational processes, internal auditing, financial reporting and other internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
• Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, Circular A-11 and OMB A-123.
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience with federal healthcare systems, including the Veterans Health Administration, Military Health System, and the Indian Health System.
• Prior Big 4 or other large firm consulting experience.
• Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP) certification; Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 8 months ago
Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health-integrating research, technology, analysis and co...