Service Center LIVE Room Manager-INF0004151
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
General Purpose of Position
Perform administrative duties in various sections or staffs of the organization. Gather and analyze data, make reports, prepare plans and recommendations. May represent assigned section of task committees and may lead some task activities. Work involves accuracy and ability to make decisions within the limits of general policies and procedures. Significant independent judgment is used. May be required to plan and direct work of other employees.
Purpose of Position
Manage room processes and technicians in an IT Service Center LIVE room to ensure a consistently high degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction while providing IT support for all customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Assists in planning, conducting and evaluating projects
- Monitors programs and projects
- Prepares, analyzes, summarizes and presents data in formats appropriate for the decision process (oral, written reports, presentations)
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group - Including end-users.
- Manage day to day activity in the IT Service Center LIVE room – Including technicians
- Engage with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Manage room work flow and techinician off times, such as lunches, sick days, vacation
- Seek process improvement opportunities and innovation for further success of the LIVE rooms, and implement them
- Participate in meetings surrounding LIVE room processes, such as leadership meetings, governance meetings, etc.
- Understand GM processes and key players for escalations outside the LIVE room
- Provide final direction on any escalations or roadblocks in the LIVE room and close information loop with leadership on any new solutions
- Diagnose hardware and software problems to establish root cause and drive to resolve customer issues
- Ensure customers leave with fully functional IT assets
- Client computer system hardware, software, and application troubleshooting
- Support for all mobile platforms
- Deliver training to customers
- Produce customer enthusiasm
- Exceed customer expectations
- Utilize all data systems and knowledge bases for resolution of problems, including networking with other technicians and any 3rd party resources like IBM, Cisco, AT&T, Verizon, etc.
- Complete all backend paperwork in a timely manner, such as incident ticket creation and updates in inventory management systems and local transaction logs
- Ensure appropriate stock levels of hardware are in the room, such as pcs on hand, as well as pre-built loaners for use
- Ensure room operational hours and Code of Conduct are adhered to
- Provide best effort support on IT issues that may be considered out of scope
- Provide on-site support at any local location
Skills and Abilities
Education / Training
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead a team of technicians
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and implement process changes for maximum efficiency and cost savings with a strong focus on innovation
- Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated ability in lead projects by coordinating the work of others
- Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office software tools for reporting and communications.
- The candidate must have 6 years relevant experience plus relevant technical certification, OR 4 years relevant experience plus a mid-level certification and an Associates Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field, OR 2 years relevant experience plus a mid-level certification and a Bachelors Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
Location: Pontiac, MI
- Greater than 5 years experience in the business environment
- Automotive experience would be an advantage
Primary Location: US-MI-Pontiac
Posting Date : May 15, 2013, 1:42:45 PM - Jun 14, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Job: Information Technology
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...