Maintains accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership through; opening work orders, processing warranty and Product Improvement claims, maintaining Service Department records, updating customer profiles, maintaining department accessories and supplies and preparing Technician efficiency reports.
1.Opens work orders as directed by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman and maintains control until closed and invoiced.
2.Processes warranty claims, including computation of charges, submission and follow-up.
3.Maintains the service library with information that is current (e.g. files bulletins, manuals, video tapes, etc. under the direct supervision of the Service Manager).
4.Maintains Service Department filing and records.
5.Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours or other information from the customer work orders.
6.Maintains accessories and supplies together with preparing replacement orders.
7.Prepares Service Technician efficiency reports.
8.Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.