To develop a supportive and productive Service Coordination relationship with each individual assigned and his or her family or advocates and develop a comprehensive Individual Service Plan in collaboration with them, ensures that the Individual Service Plan is consistent with the values of individuality, inclusion, independence and productivity, monitors the provision and outcomes of services described in the Individual Service Plan and to actively monitor the individual's and his or her family or advocate's satisfaction with the services.
Bachelors Degree in a health or human service field. In lieu of a degree an Associates degree in Health or human service field with 2 to 3 years experience may be considered.
- Conducts preliminary review of referrals made to the Service Coordination Unit and processes appropriate application and documents to enroll individuals to receive services.
- Acts as an advocate for the individual and his/her family or advocates and works with them to develop an Individual Service Plan based upon a thorough understanding of the individual's strengths, preferences and needs.
- Updates and/or modifies plan as needed and monitors the individual's, or family/advocates satisfaction with the delivery services.
Bronx, New York, United States
- One-year experience working with the developmentally disabled or one-year experience as a Service Coordinator with any population. The minimum experience level requirement does not have to be met if the person has a Master's degree in a health or human service field.
- Completion of NYS Core Service Coordination Training required.