PURPOSE: Responsible for assessment, treatment planning, provision of supportive counseling, and coordination of multiple service providers for client caseload. Clients are adults with severe and persistent mental illness. Services are given in clinical, community, and home based settings.
POSITION SPECIFIC: This is a full-time position working from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
CLOSING DATE : Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Meets standards for documentation and work accuracy including timely completion of progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, authorization requests.
- Meets standards for direct service, implementation and utilization of the clinical model, quality of clinical practice and teamwork.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Responsible for client orientation including advising clients and significant other(s) of the services offered through the program and recommend services.
- Responsible for client evaluations and performs the initial intake interviews.
- Identifies psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnoses disorders. Identifies appropriate treatment services. Notifies client and significant other(s) of diagnosis and initial recommendations.
- Completes written narrative of evaluation and relevant opening paperwork.
- Develops therapeutic treatment plans based on clients' interests, abilities, strengths and needs.
- Provides individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, medication training and support, individual or group skills training, and treatment planning utilizing interventions drawn from a variety of clinical and rehabilitation approaches as needed by the client.
- Teaches clients socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Provides case-coordination by maintaining contact with other agencies, referral source(s) and staff regarding client and significant other(s) involvement in treatment services.
- Reviews and evaluates clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment plans.
- Provides clients or family members with information about mental health and addictions issues and about available services and programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Reports any pertinent information to the proper authorities in cases of endangerment, neglect, or abuse of children, individuals with severe and persistent mental illness or the elderly.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- May serve as Clinician of the Day.
- Responsible for record maintenance including providing appropriate treatment plans and progress notes.
- Transports clients in a personal vehicle.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or Mental Health Related field.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct an assessment, including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, social and working relationships and conducting a mental status examination; complete a five-axis DSM diagnosis; write and supervise the implementation of an individual Service and Support Plan; and provide individual, family and/or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Demonstrate ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain cooperative working relationship in a culturally diverse environment.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Requires access to car, valid driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and ability to meet LIfeWorks NW driving requirements.