Professional needed to act as the first contact in providing Aging and Disability Resources within Allegheny County. Service Coordinator will be responsible for providing information/assistance and short-term case management to individuals of any age with a disability and individuals over 60, with or without a disability. Additional responsibilities will include:
* Identifying and diagnosing specific consumer needs and problems.
* Providing preliminary eligibility screening for publicly and privately funded programs.
* Educating consumers on program options.
* Serving as an information clearinghouse on issues/resources for individuals over 60 or anyone of any age with a disability.
* Assisting in completing consumer paperwork.
* Maintaining consumer database.
* Providing follow-up for consumer contacts.
* Responsible for tracking call trends.
Master’s/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a social services or related field, plus at least 1-3 years experience providing services to aging persons or persons with disabilities. This quick learner should posses the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, the ability to build partnerships with a wide range of individuals and organizations and the ability to utilize web based and PC software and email to develop reports and document services provided.
Great Lakes Behavioral Research Institute - 15 months ago