Professional needed to work in the human services field with a team of high performance professionals to act as the first contact into the Allegheny County Link to Aging and Disability Resources. Service Coordinator will be responsible for providing information/assistance and short-term case management to individuals of any age with a disability and individuals over 60, with or without a disability. Responsibilities will include:
* Identifying and diagnosing specific consumer needs and problems.
* Providing preliminary eligibility screening for publically and privately funded programs.
* Educating consumers on program options.
* Serving as information clearing house on issues/resources for individuals over 60 or anyone of any age with a disability.
* Assisting in completing consumer paperwork.
* Providing follow-up for consumer contacts.
* Responsible for tracking call trends.
* Maintaining consumer database.
Master’s/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a field of study related to social services, with at least 1-2 years experience providing services to aging persons or persons with disabilities. Should posses or demonstrate the ability to acquire a thorough understanding of all local, state and federal health and human services programs, along with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, the ability to build partnerships with a wide range of individuals and organizations and the ability to utilize web based and PC software and email to develop reports and document services provided.
Great Lakes Behavioral Research Institute - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard