General Summary: The position manages the customer relationship and acts as the main point of contact for the customer throughout the service delivery process. The position requires a high degree of interpersonal and organizational skills, effectively managing customer as well as internal business unit expectations, providing skillful problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures project/orders are delivered on time, striving to exceed customer expectations.
2. Effectively communicate dependencies and project status to customers and others as needed.
3. Drives to achieve/exceed monthly revenue goals for the business.
4. Acts as Primary contact for the project/order during the implementation of the project/order.
5. Applies solid knowledge of the organization, influencing others through effective matrix management skills to ensure a positive outcome for both the customer and XO.
6. Performs milestone tracking and implementation focus across a large cross-functional team with little to no supervisory guidance.
7. Proactively manages change in scope, identifying potential issues and devises contingency plan or alternate solution with least impact to the customer.
8. Organizes/manages network overbuilds and outside plant construction in support of customer project/order working directly or through organizational resources as available and needed.
9. Builds strong relationships with downstream partners ensuring cohesive cross functional collaboration.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and proficiency in standard and complex XO offered products and services and processes.
11. Effectively applies company best practices, however, understands when a creative out of the box solution is appropriate; analyzes operational performance data to provide continuous improvements for the Service Delivery organization.
Education: High School Diploma; College degree preferred
Relevant Work Experience: 4-5 years experience in project/program management positions within the telecommunications industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong business acumen required with focus on revenue realization and cost containment
High level organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task and maintain high quality standards
Highly effective communication skills to interface with customers, sales, technical support personnel, and other telecom professionals; MUST be able to convey information in a logical and professional manner in verbal and written forms
Keen knowledge and understanding of telecom products and services (see Complexity Matrix); must understand the technical aspect of networks with a focus on transport and transit products
Demonstrated ability to be highly effective and influential in a matrix managed environment at all levels across the company
Experience in a process and continuous improvement environment a plus
Basic skill level with Project Coordination/Management and ability to step into Project management role as needed to support the Service Delivery Team by effectively executing Projects of smaller scope
Product Complexity Matrix. SDC II should have a thorough understanding and a high level of technical knowledge associated with products such as Complex and NextGen product sets. Depending on Business Unit, these may include:
o Flex Products
o Internal Equipment Process - (ISRs) and the associated equipment
o IPVPN and Next Gen Products
o Ethernet Over Copper/Serial (EOC/EOS)
o Telco Collocation
o Ethernet Cloud Security
Specific Computer Skills
MS Office Suite required
MS Project desirable
Metasolv TBS desirable
XO Communications - 13 months ago
XO Holdings gets down to the Xs and Os of business telecom services. Through its operational subsidiary XO Communications, the holding compa...