LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city. We help local businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools to make our members their regulars. Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 70 million members around the world.
At LivingSocial, we move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and ferociously committed to executing each day. Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people? Are you hungry? If so, we want to invest in you!
As LivingSocial continues to expand, we’re looking for smart, talented individuals with great personality to help manage our Customer Service organization. A LivingSocial Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is not only smart and talented – they are also outgoing, with a great personality and a strong sense of individuality. As a SDM, you will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership and behaviors that build a healthy culture within the Customer Contact Center. Your coaching, feedback and communication skills align with the LivingSocial values. You will be viewed as a tactical leader that demonstrates a willingness to collaborate by building cross-functional & cross-site partnerships. Additionally, as the SDM you will achieve qualitative and quantitative performance objectives and operational metrics. You will drive the LivingSocial Customer Service fundamental solutions that balance our relationship with our members and our merchants.
Who will love this position?
- Lead initiatives that drive clear supervisor & associate communication & expectations
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to leveraging new tools & contact center technology that enables our ability to provide world class service
- Ensure that the Consumer Services team is meeting or exceeding key performance goals & operational metrics
- Ensure that contact center financial cost per contact and retention targets are met
- Develops cross-functional and cross-site relationships that will ensure merchant, Merchant Services, consumer and consumer service representative satisfaction & engagement
- Maintain a positive, open work environment that supports and drives our core values
- Manage a team of customer service supervisors to ensure that they are supporting and providing positive leadership to our consumer service representatives to meet or exceed performance goals
- Oversee team activities to ensure that LivingSocial consistently delivers a positive consumer experience
- Collaborate and partner with other SDMs and LivingSocial groups to ensure positive representation of LivingSocial to out merchants, consumers and employees
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of LivingSocial products, systems, and processes
- Encourage and motivate team members by providing leadership, guidance, ongoing coaching, direction, and feedback to improve performance
- Additional responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position
- Fun, creative, and outgoing personality who can help spread the LivingSocial brand
- Positive, “can-do” attitude who excels at thinking “outside of the box”
- Adept at building rapport among peers and team members across all levels and all locations
- Passionate about promoting an optimal experience to LivingSocial members & merchants
- Skilled at multi-tasking and balancing competing demands on one’s time; effective at allocating time across various areas and prioritizing issues quickly to respond to critical priorities
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Skilled at providing coaching and feedback and supervisor development
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to resolve conflict, manage associate issues effectively, work well in a team environment and manage information up effectively
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5-7 years contact center or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience
- 5 years customer service experience
- An engaging personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- An independent, quick learner with outstanding problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Great time-management and organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stupendous sense of humor
- A strong sense of positivity and the ability to turn a negative situation around
- Familiarity with browser-based tools
- Must be flexible for night/weekend shifts as needed
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Plan
- Opportunity to work with committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
LivingSocial appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is the policy of LivingSocial to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. The company will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
LivingSocial - 22 months ago
LivingSocial is a leading marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city – or wherever you may be.