Service Desk Analyst
U.S. Venture is looking for someone with exceptional customer service skills to join our IT Service Desk team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with good technical skills and a passion for helping customers with technical questions and issues. Above average technical and communication skills are keys to this position as you work with business partners, vendors, and the IT team to resolve incidents and fulfill service requests. Duties include: First and second level technical support; handling customer calls and emails; building, configuring and deploying end user devices such a pc’s, printers, and mobile devices; performing computer operations tasks such as daily run sheets and system backup/restore/tape management; improving efficiency and customer service levels for the IT Service Desk.
Desired minimum qualifications include:
• Associate Degree plus 2 years of technical support experience
• Familiarity with ITIL Framework, ITIL Foundation certified
• Above average technical, analytical and problem solving skills
• Above average verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work flexible hours on short notice
• Ability to set short and long range plans and adjust direction and priorities as needed
• Must have a working knowledge of end-user technologies including but not limited to:
o PC hardware, software, and desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and XP)
o Phones, cell phones, mobile devices and smartphones
o Microsoft Office 2007 and MS Outlook
o Network communications, wireless connectivity and VPN clients
o Active Directory user account security and management
• Experience with the following is helpful but not required:
o IBM iSeries
o Track-IT (or similar Service Desk Management tools)
o HP desktop and laptop hardware
• Be part of our fast-paced, customer-focused Team
• Interesting projects
• Work hard, laugh hard
• You get to make an impact
• Have you seen our new building?!
• Supportive and driven management team
• Make a donation to charity and wear jeans on Wednesdays
• Wear jeans for free on Fridays!
• Free popcorn on Fridays too!
• It isn’t all about work – we recognize the need for work/life balance
Smitten with the love of oil distribution, the founding Schmidt family owns and operates U.S. Venture (formerly U.S. Oil). The...