Trafigura is a leader in the commodities business.
Through a network of 81 offices in 54 countries we source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities to clients around the world. Commodities include crude oil and petroleum products, non-ferrous concentrates, refined metals and coal.
In 2011, we traded 110.7million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and shipped 26.7million tonnes of non-ferrous and bulk commodities. We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders. Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing turnover from USD18 billion in 2004 to USD122 billion in 2011.
To provide second & third line technical support to users within the local office and throughout the Americas region
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Provide timely & satisfactory response to incidents as they come in via telephone, email or in person. Resolve or escalate as appropriate (approx 90:10)
- Maintain a stock of equipment ready to be rolled out to new starters & visitors or for upgrade purposes
- Manage & maintain patching & cabling for local office
- Customer service attitude
- Reliable, approachable & flexible.
- Confident, mature & professional outlook
- Approachable with ability to train users.
- Desire to study towards further qualifications
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- First class customer service skills
- Able to work independently and as part of local and worldwide teams under pressure
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast moving IT department supporting at least 500 users in a Active Directory / Exchange environment
- MCSA qualified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to follow-up and ensure needs were met and exceeded
- Available to be on call one weekend in every fifteen
- Prepared to work weekends during major rollouts & incidents
- Prepared to travel to other offices within the Americas region to provide cover or for major rollouts
Global ServiceDesk, local and global Infrastructure team, external support companies & suppliers.
Trafigura - 20 months ago