GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Service Coordinator is a vital link in the daily operations of the company. Their primary mission is to help facilitate the service duties of the technicians on a daily basis. This includes the routing incoming service calls to the appropriate technician and ensuring that these calls are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other Job Functions
- Establish and maintain customer relationships based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationships are created by providing value added services.
- Maintain relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities for service improvements.
- Adapt quickly to a variety of personalities and situations.
- Establish priorities and take appropriate action.
- Log, maintain, and close all calls taken from and made to clients. Keep management informed of all critical problems.
- Extract critical information from incoming calls.
- Establish and maintain all service schedules as required.
- Review schedules and customer requirements. Coordinate service with customer and technicians to begin/complete service.
- Understand the capabilities of the technician talent pool.
- Provide administrative assistance to customers.
- Identify product and service problems by researching the situation; identifying alternate means of filling customer needs; recommending solutions.
- Refers customer concerns about billing practices and charges for services rendered to appropriate personnel for investigation and resolution.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer and company personnel.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience, including a track record in the service sector.
- Independence and high motivation.
- Team leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress and maintain composure.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Basic product and application knowledge within the industry.
- Entry-level knowledge of low voltage systems.
- Must have good people management, organizational, and planning capabilities.
- The position requires the understanding and knowledge of how to deal with people from all walks of life. A person in this position must be a confident communicator with others.
- Must be able to clearly identify the relationship of customer needs with respect to process capability. Requires the ability to understand the technical applications needed to operate system equipment.
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Preferred – Associates Degree in Electronics Technology
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
Keyword: Service Dispatcher
From: Kratos Defense