Job Category: Software Engineering: Test
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 819012-98802
Division: Server & Tools Business
Are you ready to join the organization that is responsible for driving Software + Services to our Enterprise and IT customers? Do you want to be part of a new business that is establishing new revenue opportunities for Microsoft? Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit needed to transform traditional IT patterns and practices into strategic solutions?
Enterprise Client Test & Service Engineering/Operations (ECTO) is a business that is providing Software + Services to external IT customers as well as Microsoft as its own customer. With the desktop at the core of the IT landscape, the ECTO mission is to deliver high quality management solutions and drive product innovations to improve customer experience while continuously lowering costs. The suite of services we currently provide is desktop (OS) lifecycle management, patch compliance, application provisioning, and operational excellence.
The Enterprise Client Service Engineering Team is looking for a Support Operations Engineer to join the Problem Management space. Our support offerings include desktop (OS) lifecycle management, patch management, applications, group policy, and generic desktop/IT services/components; examples of our products are Windows Intune, System Center Configuration Manager, Asset Inventory Services, and potential future Online services offerings. Your responsibility will be to perform root cause analysis on a wide array of technical problems ranging from application compatibility failures to complex infrastructure outages. In addition, through effective problem management, the Operations Support Engineer will help drive incidents out of the environment by providing intelligent analytical feedback to the product teams resulting in increased customer satisfaction and lower support costs.
The Support Operations Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Provide timely root cause analysis of the problems affecting our customers and our business
- Drive bugs/DCRs related to the problem management tickets.
- Provide ongoing traceable and quantifiable analysis; maintain quantification methods and metrics
- Work closely with other teams across MSFT to help solve difficult technical challenges
- Help to identify the cost associated with each problem mgmt ticket
- Document processes, best practices and technical instructions for Support Groups based off the problem management findings
- Enable Customers’ Support teams and Partners in a wide range of technical subjects
- High level of technical acumen and curiosity
- Solid business solution understanding
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps and opportunities in business/technology solutions and drive appropriate and impactful feedback into product/service
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Excellent hardware and software failure troubleshooting skills.
- 5+ years' experience supporting the latest Windows OS in a large scale operations/production environment with MOF/ITIL experience as well.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to multi-task and deliver timely results
- Strong administrative and prioritizing capability
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills and ability to work cross-group and across disciplines
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Passion for customer experience, product quality, and problem solving
Microsoft - 22 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...