Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We have an immediate need for a Technical Advisor to join our team.
The Technical Advisor provides technical leadership and advanced solutions to qualified technicians, assists the Service Supervisor with performance management in the service shop, and with work order management and customer communication as it pertains to the technical nature of the work.
- Assist Service Supervisor with scheduling and assignment of daily work duties to Technicians so that a minimum amount of unproductive labor is encountered and a smooth workflow is maintained.
- Assist the Technicians in following proper troubleshooting procedures using EDS, QSOL, and other approved methods.
- Identify technical training and development needs of the Technicians and create a training plan.
- Assist in the management of work orders so that customer approvals and invoicing is completed in a timely manner consistent with Cummins RECT standards.
- Assist the Service Supervisor with performance management in the shop.
- Evaluate and advise Service Manager of needed tooling / repairs to existing tools.
- Contact appropriate personnel for advanced warranty and technical assistance.
- Required to carry on call pager in Management rotation.
Successful Applicants will have
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and five years experience in the service industry with engines or other heavy equipment, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have experience with customer service communication.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of engines and general diagnostic procedure.
- Strong technical background.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, listening skills
- Strong ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information as well as general business information.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as necessary.
- Must be highly skilled in problem recognition and resolution.
- Must be able to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem.
- Must be capable of generating service management reports from BMS and / or Custom Reporting and understanding and using those reports to monitor and manage daily operations.
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition assistance and training
- Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
- A competitive wage and much more.
If interested, please Apply On-line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify