Our mission is to let people discover and share content in beautiful and simple ways.
Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
The company is based in Palo Alto, California and backed by legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners.
- Develop, own and scale significant components of Flipboard's services.
- Work with cross-functional teams to collaboratively build and release full-stack mobile and Web services.
- Develop new service features and providing ongoing support for those features throughout the product lifecycle.
Why Join Flipboard
- 2 to 5 years of programming experience in designing and shipping major components of backend services under tight schedules.
- Experience with developing servers in Java, Python, C++ and other languages
- Ability to iterate code quickly incorporating feedback and solving problems
- Linux or UNIX OS experience required
- Experience working on large scale, database intensive web applications, API and protocol design
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
Benefits & Perks:
- Build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover, browse and share media. By joining Flipboard now, our startup culture will enable you to learn and grow while shaping the product, the company, resulting in the most impactful work of your career.
- Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, and Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft).
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies - you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks (healthy and otherwise).
Flipboard is your personal magazine. It's the most popular way to catch up on the news you care about, discover amazing things from around...