Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
As part of the Worldwide AppleCare organization, the Service Parts Strategy and Readiness team manages various Apple product lines, ensuring development and accurate setup of Service Parts and system coding in support of AppleCare Service Operations, Supply Chain Planning, and Procurement.
The Engineering product specialist manages the AppleCare service parts strategy readiness process and tasks for new products prior to introduction/announcement as well as for sustaining product changes to service strategy.
The ideal candidate is one who is effective at working independently as part of larger, cross-functional teams with little formal guidance, and at a minimum possesses these qualities and skills:
Desire to take the initiative to investigate and resolve complex operational and support issues.
Flexibility to handle directional changes and proficient at managing multiple projects at once.
Performs well in a high-pressure, fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Ability to develop relationships quickly and work well with large extended teams.
Exceptional soft skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to analyze issues including large data sets to determine root causes and recommend solutions.
Proven ability to easily identify trends, and then document, investigate, escalate, track and resolve issues.
Excellent self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail.
Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance. Ability to stay current with the latest processes, procedures, and technology.
Strong project management skills, including ability to establish project plans, track open issues, communicate project updates and manage project deadlines independently.
Strong knowledge of SAP, Agile, Excel
Database and/or scripting experience
- Drive the definition of service material content based on Repair and Replacement strategies defined by the core Service Readiness Team. Ensure the creation and development of defined parts meets lowest cost, ease of assembly or field replacement, and ease of supply requirements.
- Develop Bill of Material information ensuring supply of necessary data, coding, and attribute information to populate multiple AppleCare transaction systems satisfying requirements to conduct AppleCare business Globally. This includes part and BOM development in addition to product / part offerings, warehouse receiving, fraud protection, and compliance in support of AppleCare systems and activity.
- Write and manage ECR’s, ECO’s, and MCO’s, within an Agile environment, based on the new part development process. Support sustaining new product business requirements in conjunction with Service Quality Engineering.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate Service BOM information to New Product Readiness Teams and consistently facilitate BOM reviews with Service Planning, Procurement, Quality, Readiness, Technical Writers, and regional business partners.
- Partner with AppleCare Global Supply Managers and ODM suppliers to ensure communication, understanding, and agreement of defined part content and supply commitment based on that content.
- Critical team member to a variety of AppleCare related projects involving Master Data Management to review material setup within the transaction systems and perform updates based on regional strategy changes.
- Collaborate with AppleCare Readiness and Service Quality Engineering teams to reduce cost and improve product serviceability, recommending solutions and implementing action plans.
- Collaborate with other departments and regional contacts to investigate and resolve regional compliance requirements that impact service product setup. Develop and maintain compliance related procedures for Service product to ensure uniformity and consistency in product set up.
- Conceive, develop, manage and direct strategic process improvement.
BA or BS degree or equivalent experience, with 5-10 years of experience in a Service organization or similar role
Apple - 15 months ago
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...