Participates as a member of and leads development teams.
Designs units for others.
Completes development to implement complex components.
Designs solutions for others to develop.
Participates in cross-functional teams.
Leads design activities
May provide mentoring and guidance to developers.
Designs, prepares and executes unit tests. Represents team to clients.
Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
Applies HP and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
Assigns work to others.
Technical leadership of assigned project.
Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
May develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 8 or more years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net. Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins. Strong understanding of basic Database Administration.
- Able to define quality and security standards. Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- General project management/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
medITjobs.com - 10 months ago