- Waterloo, IA---Crossroads S/C, 01220
Job Title: Service Lead Expert
Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do you like interacting with customers and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to get big results? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Service Lead Expert in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Service Lead Expert’s role is to engage and lead a team of Service Specialists to deliver an amazing shopping experience for our customers that will have them coming back to the store for years and years to come!
• Responsible for leading your team – You’ve lead people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s success.
• Responsible for assisting customers – You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the store to find something new. You and your team do everything possible to put a smile on the customer’s face!
• Supports the execution of the monthly SET – You walk the floor with your peers and other leaders in the store to plan for the upcoming design and set for new merchandise. You are well prepared to provide direction to supporting teams to ensure the customer is going to have an engaging shopping experience.
• Responsible for making visual merchandise decisions – You have a keen interest in keeping the store clean and visually stimulating for our brands and ultimately our customers. You walk the floor and find opportunities to ensure all merchandise is being presented to visual standards and when it’s not…you know just what to do.
Skill and Characteristics:
• Organization Skill – You thrive in environments that need order and rely on process to get things done right.
• Visual Merchandising – You’re passionate about merchandise and possess a deep understanding of visual design / concept / presentation.
• People Skills – You are outgoing and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Passion for Retail – You love the retail environment. You love being on your feet, moving around, handling merchandise, and making people HAPPY!
JCPenney - 13 months ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...