Job in Radford VA
this position requires an applicant to have an active security clearance or be clearable
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as a technical liaison supporting the Service Level Management Team at PD ALTESS.
• Facilitates all communication between the customer and the ALTESS team.
• Identifies technical requirements for customer environment.
• Gathers and analyzes technical requirements and solutions from ALTESS team members including Networking, System Administration and Storage teams in order to clearly communicate with customer.
• Provides full life cycle support including documentation, project management and customer relationship management for customer.
• Documents and monitors tasks and milestones in project plans . Negotiates and prepares Service Level Agreements.
• Prepares cost estimates.
• Coordinates customer meetings and records meeting minutes.
• Uses BMC Remedy system to enter and monitor customer requirements.
• Participates in customer meetings and clearly communicates project status
• Oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives.
• Acts as point of contact with client program management.
• Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
• Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance impacting the productivity of several large, complex, global programs. Oversees and implements changes and adjusts as appropriate.
• Interfaces with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
• Participates in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications.
• Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
• Security + certification is required
• Experienced (Windows, UNIX, or networking) system administrator/hands on experience with strong communication skills.
• Must be able to coordinate technical information across multiple disciplines and communicate clearly to customers.
• Experience managing a diverse group of technical individuals to implement and/or sustain an IT system.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• ITIL foundation certification
• Experience with change management, and MS Project software
• PMP Certification highly desired
The Goal,Inc. - 2 years ago