Posting Job Title: Service Management Intern
Requisition #: 142489BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Internship Program offers students a work experience which will create a bridge between their classroom knowledge and possible career choices. This opportunity will allow you to gain valuable professional experience within an industry leading company.
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Service Management Intern for our Service and Change Management group. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Performing comparative analysis. Working with SharePoint 2010 team site to maintain project dashboard, weekly metrics, etc. Ensure new TWC services meet operational requirements Update TWC inventory tool, Granite.
- Should be motivated, adaptable to change and be able to juggle tasks.
- Work well with others while still being in control of their own assignments.
- Expected to speak, write and listen well.
- Presentation skills are also key.
- An understanding of LAN/WAN networks, to include IP Backbone, Voice, DWDM, and Cable technologies is preferred
- Must have good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Access and Excel.
- Required to analyze and generate ad-hoc and recurring reports.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint 2010 is expected.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of MS Visio and MS Project a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Must plan to return to school the semester following internship (undergraduate or graduate)
- Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
- Must have permanent US work authorization.
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
- Required overall GPA 3.0
Must be currently enrolled in a degreed program in the Spring and Fall 2013 semesters to be eligible.
Our 10 week program begins June 3rd and ends August 9 th . This is a full time (40 hour work week) paid internship. Please note we do not provide housing.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...