We are looking for
a Service Manager I for
The Preserve at Marin
in Corte Madera, CA.
Who is Aimco?
Aimco is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and is one of the largest owners and operators of apartment homes in the country. Aimco is a top provider of apartment homes to nearly 250,000 residents. Aimco has properties in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. As a leading S&P 500 company with over 25 years of proven performance, Aimco has a unique blend of experience and ingenuity in apartment management, financing and investing in conventional and affordable housing communities.
We are looking for an Apartment Maintenance Manager for The Preserve at Marin.
At Aimco, being a
is more than just technical concerns like energy management, HVAC systems, mechanical, plumbing, security or the apartment grounds; it’s about the people, the residents and your service team. As a Service Manager, you don’t mind the occasional hands-on work replacing a hot water heater or repairing damaged drywall.
As a service manager, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of individual apartments, exterior and common areas. While you are an experienced in construction and management, you are just as comfortable working through a schedule or a budget as replacing a hot water tank. While the size of the property determines your day to day tasks, with smaller properties requiring more hands on work, at the end of the day you are responsible for both resident satisfaction and your team’s success. In this maintenance management role, you:
· Manage budgets and schedules Follow up on customer service issues to ensure resolution
· Work directly with residents and team members to diagnose, assess and repair maintenance needs
In addition to your technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC and mechanical systems and their maintenance and repair, you have a proven customer service and leadership skills. While you know your way around hand tools and power tools, you have demonstrated experience including:
· HVAC certified
· Experience managing budgeting, scheduling and staffing within construction, mechanical, HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing
· Excellent communication skills demonstrating verbal and written expression, active listening and ability to interact with residents and team members
· Proven knowledge and application of pertinent codes, laws and regulations
· Experience operating computer systems for property operations, finance and service tickets
· Willingness to work on call (rotating pager) and non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
· Ability to move heavy equipment and machinery
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
· Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and other vendors
· Employee stock purchase plans
· Opportunities for professional development and career growth
· Opportunities for recognition and personal development
When you join Aimco, you receive a winning total compensation formula.
(Some benefits may not apply to team members who are subject to collective bargaining or who are part time)
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!
Send this job description to a friend by email.
AIMCO - 22 months ago
AIMCO Properties' aim is true. The company is the operating arm of multifamily real estate giant Apartment Investment and Management...