An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
At Merry Maids®, our team members do so much more than clean clients’ homes. They build trust and confidence with our clients. If you’re passionate about going above and beyond, seeking challenging work and meeting interesting people, there’s an opportunity for you at one of the world’s leading service organizations.
Merry Maids was founded in 1979 in Omaha, Neb. Now headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning network in the world. We currently have more than 600 independently operated franchises and company-owned locations throughout the United States and Canada providing cleaning services to more than 300,000 homes each month.
Though we are large and nationwide, our highly trained professionals are committed to providing the highest quality service to each and every customer we do business with. We are also a member of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands® that includes:
American Home Shield, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic, ServiceMaster Clean, Terminix, and TruGreen.
Each of these companies is a leader in its respective industry. Together, they comprise ServiceMaster, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive service organization.
At Merry Maids, we maintain a working culture that fosters the highest standards of integrity, respect and professionalism. We seek people with strong character and provide them with a unique combination of independence and support, encouragement and opportunities for ongoing development and growth.
Assists in managing the branch office operations including customer interface, problem resolution for customers and employees, assists in management of teams including hiring and disciplinary action, and conducting ride alongs for quality and customer service and retention assurance purposes. Serves as acting Manager in the absence of Branch Manager.
• Performs ride alongs in customer homes and makes follow-up phone calls to customers.
• Takes ownership of all customer issues including logging the complaint and problem resolution follow up in mmConnect. Complaint follow up expected within 24 hours of receipt of the complaint.
• Meets with customers to resolve quality and service issues. Identify causes and find ways to reduce customer cancellations.
• Maintains positive customer relations to ensure customer retention and satisfaction as related to NPS scores; is the primary contact for NPS detractors.
• Conducts sales bids when necessary.
• Performs ride alongs with team members to evaluate team members’ work procedures and customer service skills at least 3 times a week.
• Conducts orientation and coordinates training for new hires.
• Assists in recruiting, interviewing, selecting and hiring new team members and office staff. Includes following all Affirmative Action requirements and procedures.
• Participates and helps conduct regular staff meetings.
• Jointly conducts/collaborates with Branch Manager or associate on annual performance appraisal process.
• Maintains positive employee relations to ensure employee retention.
• Oversees customer scheduling and team assignments.
• Supervises / Performs weekly submission of payroll data ensuring timely submission of file and accuracy of data.
• Maintains business files to comply with all Merry Maids, federal and state regulations (includes employee and customer files).
• Subject matter expert on CIS, mmConnect, and JDE with ability to run and interpret reports.
• Serves as Branch Safety Coordinator.
• Ensures a clean, organized and professional work area.
• Assists Branch Manager with budget and P&L responsibilities
• Completes duties as acting manager in the absence of the Branch Manager.
• Performs all functions and other reasonable, related duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The attributes listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability preferred for the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. Two or four year college degree preferred.
• 2-4 years of general business experience with customer interface required.
• At least one year of employee supervisory experience necessary.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business procedures.
• Ability to write reports, business and customer correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages).
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
• Must have average levels of eye / hand / foot coordination.
• Must be able to use computer.
• Requires the ability to use a variety of office machines and equipment.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to travel on an infrequent basis required (some overnight travel, mandatory training sessions and regional/cluster meetings). May infrequently require travel by air.
• Ability to relocate anywhere in the U.S. for promotion opportunities.
Adaptability Customer relations
Self motivator Follow-up
Problem solving Persuasiveness
Organization Time management
Oral and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record check with acceptable score
• Current liability insurance on automobile
• Ability to pass criminal background check
• Ability to pass motor vehicle records check
• Ability to pass drug screening
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. May be required to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasionally climb stairs, visit customer homes.
• Ability to lift 20 pounds, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling and carrying.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently in outside weather conditions while in transit to/from the customer’s home.
• Occasional exposure to dust, pets, pet hair, mold, cleaning solutions, etc.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Merry Maids is happy to scrub, straighten, and sanitize. Founded in 1979, home cleaning company Merry Maids has more than 600 franchises in...