Apply Now To This Position
Maintenance & Engineering
Job Location :
Park View at Bladensburg
FTR- Full Time
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation
- and Success in all activities and interactions.
Provide for timely completion of resident service requests and address move-in checklist deficiencies in order to deliver fully-prepared units to new residents.
Identify and complete or oversee completion of routine, preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance and cleaning needs of the community.
Maximize the appeal of the interior and exterior appearance and condition of the property within the parameters set forth in the annual budget.
Perform landscaping and snow removal; keep the community building and grounds safe, clean, and free of clutter, including the watering of the flowers.
Communicate effectively with residents and Shelter Group associates, at all levels, to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed in a prompt, professional and efficient manner.
- Provide documentation and maintain records in order to inform the Property Manager of all routine and emergency service required on the property.
- Ensure adherence to all safety and preventive maintenance programs as outlined in the Maintenance Section of the Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Contribute to the annual budget planning process assisting the Regional Manager, Director of Engineering, Property Manager, and other Service Managers as assigned.
- Ensure that all service associates are fully trained and aware of job responsibilities.
- Supervise, monitor and ensure that all service tasks are performed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that a working knowledge of all mechanical systems is maintained by all service associates.
- Manage the service needs of additional communities, splitting duties as needed or assigned.
- Develop and deliver formal and informal training to associates throughout the company as assigned.
- Support other Service Managers as assigned by the Regional Manager and /or Director of Engineering with respect to developing or enhancing required skill sets.
- Serve and manage as an example to other Property Managers and their associates.
- Maintain availability for overtime and emergency service as required.
- Ability to access all areas of the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Manages: Senior Service Technician(s), Service Technician(s), Porter(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Shelter policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum three (3) years as a service technician or other applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems and knowledge of building systems (drywall, painting, carpentry, etc.). Type II Certification and experience (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Proficiency with hand and power tools, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, equipment repair, and painting
- Skill in evaluating, developing, and implementing an organized system of delegated work to associates.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with associates, management, and residents.
- Ability to teach Service Technicians new skills and to promote career development.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults for positions at Senior Housing Communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend, read, and write in English.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- Associates are required to provide their own basic tool set. Additionally, for safety purposes, work shoes/boots (non-tennis shoes) are a requirement.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group - 20 months ago
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...