This work entails diversified repair and maintenance operations on customer equipment using a wide variety of tools and instruments. Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical principles is necessary.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Review work order and related manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment, and parts needed for repair or installation.
Operate jib or overhead crane to move structural framework and machine parts to work area.
Turn valves to release pressure from hydraulic system and disconnect hydraulic supply and return lines using hand tools.
Install, remove, or relocate cover plates, electrical motors, hydraulic pumps, air tanks, battery boxes, and other chassis components to perform repairs, using various hand tools.
Lay out hydraulic hose on unit, away from moving parts, to facilitate servicing machine and connect hydraulic hose to pumps and specified fittings, using hand tools.
Observe operation of machinery and equipment to verify repairs.
Follow written and verbal specifications.
Align components, bolts, and screws, and rivet them together using hand tools or portable power tools.
Test electrical components, such as wiring, switches, and relays using testing instruments.
Possess commercial driver’s license and meets DOT requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/Or Experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical applications related to Mobile Hydraulic Equipment.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to effectively contribute as part of a diverse team.
- Solid skills in shop, math, blueprint, and schematic reading.
- Ability to fly units up to 100 feet.
- Strong attention to detail and legible hand-writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Responsibility for product quality.
- Ability to set up work for other mechanics.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.