Oversee planning and scheduling process for field and shop projects. This position will be responsible for day-to-day planning and scheduling of ongoing projects and facilitation of building customer quotes and estimates and will serves as point of contact for customers.
· Facilitation of planning/quoting sessions with various SME (Subject Matter Experts) using various tools
· Development of risk mitigation plans
· Procurement of needed resources prior to plan execution
· Development of job plans for executing routine work
· Input work/service order information into ERP (Description, Tasks, Estimates)
- Gather forecasted future work information and input into system
- Development of detailed plans such as Gantt charts with critical tasks defined
- Create bill of materials for job plans such as service exchange components
- Track project resource (people, tools/equipment) cost usage using given systems
- Develop and issue weekly project job report (safety, cost, timeline, issues)
- Tracking of work/service order information in ERP system
- Backlog management
Maintain communication with superintendent(s) and supervisor(s) to ensure project continuity via phone, text or email to coordinate efforts of all personnel and to improve Wyoming Machinery Company image.
Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
Verbal and written reports must be clear and concise. Often need to record and interpret electrical system signals and recordings to help define problem conditions. Must be able to communicate with customer personnel at all levels. Often required to diplomatically discuss difficult problems with customers
Promote and establish Wyoming Machinery Company credibility and image with all customers.
Keep all customers pro Wyoming Machinery Company.
Job demands an individual who is willing to travel. Required to plan travel itinerary for each job assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Ability to manage people and resources effectively, strong decision making and problem solving skills, ability to communicate written and orally in clear and concise manner, advanced computer operation, strong knowledge of successful business practices.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
Minimum of High School Diploma. Associate’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with maintaining mining equipment.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Standard office equipment. Experience with knowledge of Microsoft Project/Excel and AS400 system is preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
The responsibilities of the Service Planner will require visits to company facilities, mine sites, customer offices and other job sites. Physical activities include normal office work, driving, climbing on machines, capability to see, hear and feel machine condition indicators. Must be able to work long days. Travel required. Work environments may require working at heights or crawling on stomach or hands and knees to bent-over to duck-walk position to walking upright. Employee must be able to walk long distances – one-half to two miles - in instances of power outages. Must be able to walk on unlevel ground with many slip, trip and fall hazards. Must be able to work in adverse conditions (water, mud)
Wyoming Machinery Company - 30+ days ago