At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' businesses to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
A Product Manager role at PlumChoice is an incredibly diverse and rewarding role. As a Product Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of product management from conceptualization to specification to market launch. This role requires close collaboration with Development, Finance, Marketing, Sales and Operations as well as the ability to keep such a cross functional project on schedule. You will work closely with our partners as well as our internal groups to define the specifications, the delivery requirements, the pricing and the go-to-market strategy for our offerings. You will be responsible for all technical documentation, developing the Scope of Service for the offering, and assisting in the packaging, pricing, and delivery of the offerings. Additionally you will develop the Market Requirements Document (MRD) as well as the functional specfications to enable Engineering / Operations to develop the Service Requirements Document (SRD). Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are crucial for success. The ability to take customer and market feedback and incorporate that feedback into service offerings will ensure the successful launch of new services and the continued success of existing services.
The Product Manager must be able to interface effectively and establish quick credibility and confidence with our internal organizations as well as with our partners across our channels. This requires an extremely talented and flexible individual with strong presentation/communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, broad business knowledge, deliberate organizational abilities, and who is capable of bridging customer business requirements to technical feature sets and broader market trends, indices, and capabilities.
The Product Manager will develop strategic roadmaps for a service or service line through market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, and business planning.
Leveraging the research and the roadmaps, the Product Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the service and is accountable for its success from conception, through launch and into market maturity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Share responsibility for the revenue and profitability of the products you manage.
- Managing the entire service life cycle of your services from concept/planning to development, commercial launch and market maturity.
- Specify market requirements (MRD) for services and work with development and operations to define service requirements (SRD) for current and future services.
- Owner of the gross margin performance of the service - develop pricing methodology and costing model for services including quoting tools.
- Responsible for churn management
- Work with marketing and sales to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on competitive selling, pricing, market development and field solutions.
- Product launch - work with marketing to plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Market intelligence - Conduct market research supported by on-going visits to customers and partners - be the expert on your customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them.
- 10+ years of product management experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a product management role in managed services, IT services, or SaaS.
- Proven success in working with engineering teams to specify and launch products/services.
- Bachelor’s degree is mandatory - you will not be considered without one
- Very strong and compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams as well as third parties.
- Aggressive, motivated, disciplined and self-directed.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Must be organized and disciplined with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be capable of creating and delivering presentations.
- Must have Computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or marketing; MBA degree or business degree a plus.
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.