JOB CODE: SVC_QAL_SP
JOB TITLE: Service Quality Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for the following goals:
1. Provide best practice guidance, methods and technology that result in measurable improvements in the Quality of the Products and Services supplied by the Aftermarket Business.
2. Design and Integrate a Service Level Requirement / Phase Gate system into the new product development process for Product Concept Generation, Product Design and Production Readiness for all new product launches.
3. Develop Quality Metrics regarding human resource skill assessment & development for technical support roles in service for both internal and external technicians.
4. Develop methods and technologies for remote asset service and machine connectivity resulting in improved diagnostics and increased speed of repair of machines in the field.
The following on-going activities are expected in order to develop and support the goals:
• Participate in corporate meetings that relate to development of new products and technology.
• Learn our products, technology and corporate systems at a hands-on / advanced level.
• Develop tools, methodologies and activities related to “driving the improvement of service quality” for the field service technicians and technical phone support specialists.
• Work with R&D Engineers to integrate service needs early in design process.
• Work with Service Engineering to assure we consistently deliver best-in-class training for service personnel (internal and external to our organization)
• Perform in the service escalation work flow as the LEVEL 4 “Service Response Project Manager”. This service response level is expected to develop, present and follow up on the Service Plan for Customer Complaints, NON-Resolved Issues, High Visibility Customers and Critical Incident Responses.
• Prepare and deliver regular service bulletins to the field.
• Travel up to 30% to support sales and service including trade shows and international meetings
• Create and follow up on ISO Documents, Service Tickets, Incident Records, REA and SCR created to support service needs.
• Participate in the Weekly Service Review Meetings and report on Service Quality
• Work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and Suppliers to create /improve/prove out methods and tools for improving service functionality.
To accomplish the above mentioned goals the employee must have advanced field service experience in the diagnostics of complex motion control systems and be able to provide competency in engineering, document interpretation, field service best practices, training , problem solving, communication, quality control and project management.
Desired is a 4 year degree in engineering, technology or physics OR equivalent related experience working with advanced metrology systems, motion control systems, optical, sensors and electronic parts and assemblies. PLUS 5 years of technical product system FIELD trouble shooting experience OR 5 years of related manufacturing experience
Successful Candidate must also demonstrate:
• Good leadership skills through lead-by-example techniques.
• Excellent analytical skills for identifying problem areas and the implementation of creative ways to resolve these problems.
• Capability to build team’s synergy and eliminate obstacles.
• Effective communication both written and oral.
• Excellent IT, PC and Software experience.
• Willingness to learn and apply ISO 9001:2008 Standards of excellence.
• High level systems knowledge, trouble shooting and project management.
• Ability to drive a car and travel via air domestic or internationally to service product, support sales/trade shows and deliver training
• Ability to lift 50lbs and to work under and around machines in a machine shop environment
QVI is an exciting place to work. If you have what it takes to join the leader in optical inspection and measurement, we would like to hear from you. QVI offers competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, profit sharing, 401-K plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holidays, discretionary bonus, direct deposit, life insurance, and long term disability insurance.
Quality Vision International, Inc. and its affiliated companies and divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Quality Vision International Inc - 5 months ago