Assist national accounts director and/or director of marketing in the achievement of national surrogate persistency goals and/or key account persistency goals through client management.
Will require frequent travel between office buildings.
May require frequent out-of-town travel.
Work days are Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position is salary plus commission.
- Bachelor's degree in any major or four years of equivalent work experience in account management, claims, membership and/or customer service may be substituted for bachelor's degree.
Required Work Experience
- Three years of account management, claims, membership, and/or customer service in a health insurance environment.
- Group Information Library and large account management experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of products, procedures, systems and claims payment policy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financing of private health and life product lines for the state.
- Fundamental understanding of employee benefit law and regulations.
- Fundamental understanding of benefits financing formulas/reports.
- Good judgment.
- Effective customer service, marketing, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar skills.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or other word processing/spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access or other database software.
- Ability to get Department of Insurance licensure within sixty days of hire in state employed.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina - 12 months ago
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation was established in 2001 with a mission to improve health care - and access to health...