This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and ply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As a Service Specialist, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. Under the direction of Manager - Field Service, you will assist Kohler dealers, distributors, OEMs and end-users with technical assistance, troubleshooting, failure analysis, warranty, and training support.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Support the technical call center by taking calls from our distribution network, OEMs, and end-users in a manner that maintains and grows this as a competitive advantage. Enter the information from these service calls into the caller data system.
* Respond to the service e-mails received from our internet site.
* Travel as required to investigate and remedy field problems.
* Identify any potential problem trends based on field reports, arrange for the return of sample parts and submit Field Complaints as needed to drive corrective action.
* Assist with internal and external service training programs for dealers, distributors, and OEM accounts.
* Analyze warranty claims from dealers, distributors and OEMs. Approve or reject claims from dealers and distributors on basis of information submitted and obtain more data as needed.
* Provide consulting service to Technical Publications staff for their preparation of service manuals, bulletins, kit instructions, etc. Review and/or write preliminary drafts with technical correctness and understandable language.
* Perform disputed warranty inspections.
* Present ideas for product improvement to the Manager - Field Service.
* Participate on new product and value improvement teams as required.
* Work to develop individual goals/objectives to support the department goals through the use of the Maximizing Performance Appraisal Process.
* Personally demonstrate and drive the Kohler Core Competencies.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
Ideal entry level candidate should have some formal or informal experience with small engine or automotive customer service and trouble-shooting
* Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
* Strong verbal and written communications skill .
SKILL PREFERENCES - HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
Associate degree in an engine or mechanical field of study.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at company website .
Since 1873, our life's work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading edge Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents- a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you're ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at kohler.jobs .
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kohler - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products -- from...